Our goal is to enable all students to be able to meet their learning goals. Grades are thus not based on any predetermined curve of success and failure. Submitted works can be published after further revision. If you are unhappy with your grade, you are welcome to revise work in order to have it re-graded. You will be able to track your progress towards course objectives in the Analytics area of CGScholar.
Analytics alone do not determine your final grade. It is important to address core requirements, as outlined below.
Final Grade Assessment
As noted above, a lesser grade may be assessed if certain requirements have not been met. Similarly, a final grade will be assessed after the following minimum requirements have been met:
- Course Project has been submitted for instructor review (be sure to submit the revision of your work after both peer and TA review)
- Course Project meets the minimum word count for the main body of the work in relevant sections
- Course Project has at least 10 scholarly sources, with at least 2 of those being from the list found here and sources are cited sufficiently within the Theory and Analysis sections of the work
- Course Project has a Self-Review
- Course Project uses the CGScholar structure tool
- At least 2 of the 3 Peer Reviews in CGMap
- 5 individual updates have been posted in the course community
- 7 or more comments on Admin Updates, including the essential Admin Update 1B (see course community)
Syllabus: In This Section