EPOL 599 (1) allows you to earn four credits as you continue to work on your dissertation. If you registered during your data collection stage, there is not another course to enroll in as you write your final dissertation.
Planning Tip 1
Assignments and Milestones
- We do not require you to maintain your work in CGScholar after the preliminary exam. You will complete the remainder of your work in Word.
- Your work should be reviewed by a copy editor before sending it to your advisor for review.
- The Graduate College can review your title page at any time. Doing that early will remind you of key formatting things to look out for.
- Your advisor should review your Chapters 4 and 5 before you route your final dissertation for peer review.
- You can begin Chapter 5 while you wait for advisor feedback on Chapter 4.
- Submit Chapter 5 to your advisor as soon as it is complete. Do not wait for Chapter 4 feedback.
- See also: Final Dissertation and Defense for additional milestones
Examination: Scheduling your Final Defense
See also: Final Dissertation and Defense for additional milestones
This section is for planning purposes only so that tentative dates can be established with the student and committee.
- Dr. Francis will coordinate with you to tentatively schedule your final defense. This date is subject to change based on advisor approval of your full manuscript.
- Refer to the Timeline PDF to see a list of final defense date options
- Your full dissertation must be approved by your advisor before you can officially schedule your final defense
Planning Tip 2
Key Exam-Dissertation Sequence Resources