Revise Chapters 1 to 3
- Review and proofread chapters 1 through 3 in detail.
- Revise to reflect past tense. “The present study focused on…” instead of “will focus on”
- Adjust anything that may no longer be true, such as a piece of your methodology plan that you didn’t end of implementing.
- Fully proofread, including asking a friend, family member, or copy editor to proofread it.
- Format your work based on the thesis office requirements.
- Update your CGScholar version after your word version has been edited.
- Submit your cover sheet to the thesis office for approval.
- Submit your revised Chapters 1 to 3 for advisor approval along with a change note of what was changed since the preliminary exam.
Maintain your Checklist
Prepare for Chapters 4 and 5
- Start writing the beginning of chapter 4 that includes your actual project implementation.
- Insert placeholder headings to begin organizing your work and where you may put things.
- Maintain your Appendix with your final data collection instruments, images of your IRB paperwork, etc.
Key Exam-Dissertation Sequence Resources