We are excited to announce that a new feature for generating AI reviews has been added to the CGScholar platform. We encourage all students to take advantage of this new feature and generate an AI review for their work before submitting the final version.
To generate an AI review, please follow the tutorial below and ensure that you save the review in the appropriate format.
Please allow time for the video to load. For a full-screen experience, choose the option to watch this on YouTube.
Here is the step-by-step instruction (with additional steps) as well:
- Open CGMap Login from the Shares tab
- Go to the Works tab, click on ‘Your Works’
- Select the desired work you want to review with AI
- Choose the latest version of the selected work
- Proceed to the Map Actions tab and click on New
- Create a new map by filling in the required details. It is important to select “OpenAI Peer Review” under Map Type, make it shareable and then click “Create.”
- Proceed to the Analyze tab and click on “OK.” Follow the instructions provided on the Analyze tab to generate your review.
- After generating the review, ensure that you SAVE IT from the Map Action tab.
- Once you have generated the review, it is essential to carefully review the feedback provided and make any necessary changes to your work based on the insights provided.
Note: It is crucial that all students generate an AI review for their work using this new feature before submitting the final version, as this can significantly impact their grades. Therefore, we strongly encourage all students to take advantage of this opportunity and produce an AI review to enhance the quality of their work and maximize their chances of achieving a higher grade.
Evaluating the AI Review and your Experience
Later, we would like you to reflect on your experience receiving reviews throughout the course, by creating and posting an update in the course community. Please respond to the following prompt guidelines in your update to provide a comprehensive overview of your experience:
- Peer/Human Review – Express your views of peer/human reviews by sharing an image and/or screenshot of your experience with them that reflects how you see this type of review. Accompany your image(s) with 3 words that summarize your perceptions of this type of review.
- AI Review – Express your views of AI reviews by sharing an image and/or screenshot of your experience with them that reflects how you see this type of review. Accompany your image(s) with 3 words that summarize your perceptions of this type of review. Additionally, indicate the degree to which you agree or disagree with the provided feedback and ratings.
- AI vs Peer/Human Review – Reflect on the main differences between AI and peer/human reviews based on your experience. Explain in 150 words or more, provide examples, and illustrate with screenshots.
Once you have completed the tasks, please update the spreadsheet by putting “Yes” along with the link to the update in the designated column. If you had any difficulties or were unable to complete the task, please indicate “No” or “Having Difficulty” in the spreadsheet.
Completing these tasks is an important part of CGScholar learning experience. We understand that some students may encounter difficulties during the process and if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us for assistance. Our team is always available to help you navigate any challenges you may encounter while using this new feature.
Thank you for your attention, and we look forward to seeing the AI reviews you produce.
UIUC Webinars related to ChatGPT