While our courses enable a community of learning, some work is done independently prior to collaborating with your peers.
Important! The Syllabus Changes Periodically
If you would like to get started on one of our courses in advance, complete the following steps:
- If you have never taken an LDL Course before, review the Getting Started Checklist (for LDL-degree students) and LDL Onboarding / LDL Courses Onboarding Videos (for all students new to taking an LDL course)
- Review the LDL Course Syllabus. We follow a similar cadence for all courses. While changes are made periodically, content related changes are uncommon, especially learning module content. Most changes relate to process and procedures. Please reach out to a TA to determine if any major changes are planned for the semester when you intend to register for the course.
- Access the course’s learning module from our Course Descriptions page or the Current Courses Information Page
- Capture your admin update responses in a document (Word, Google Doc, etc.) – you will need to copy and paste your responses into the relevant course community once it becomes available (and the admin updates have been posted)
- Our courses include one or two major projects
- After reviewing the learning module, reflect on what topic you’d like to dig deeper in for your course project(s)
- Search for scholarly sources (i.e. peer-reviewed journals) on your selected topic
- Begin drafting your individual updates
- Draft your project submission in a document (i.e. Word or Google Doc)
Course Community Tasks
The following items will need to wait until you join the relevant course community and begin engaging with your peers.
- Respond to peers’ comments to the admin updates
- Respond to peer’s updates
- Submit your course project
- Complete peer reviews for other students’ submission (they’ll be assigned to you)
- Revise your work
- Complete a self-review of your work